Suggest, you allow the entire family to shift to your home country but let your wife return just before the expiry of her visa which I believe is valid for 6 months from the date of her exit but with the RP remaining valid. You can get your children here on visit visa during their vacation time.
You will need to just plan things out according to your requirements and to suit your needs.