New rules for Family Visa

By Imran456


I came to know from my company PRO that rules has been changed for apply Family Visa... He told me that rental agreement should be stamped by the municipality... have any one faced this issue. please help me on this...


Ratings calculated automatically using technology developed at QCRI and MIT.

Click here to learn more.

By joseph peter• 2 years 4 months ago.
joseph peter

Hi ..... Is anybody doing agency services for family visit visa. if yes can you please let me know @ or call me at 66076428. matter very urgent. thank you

By joseph peter• 2 years 4 months ago.
joseph peter

Hi to Every good soul on Qatar Living ..... recently my family visit visa was rejected for want of Tenancy contract and Baladiya stamp. Can anyone help me in this regard???? family would come for Christmas and Newyear and stay for 2 weeks. please suggestions and any form of help would be well appreciated

By sreejith05• 5 years 2 months ago.

By sami_jee• 5 years 3 months ago.

1.NOC from your sponsor salary 10000Qrs

2.Computer card from your sponsor

3.Contract copy with labor department seal

4.Application form

5.Marraige certificate with attestation

6.Passport copy

7.ID copy

8.Houuse rent agreement or electricity bill

9.6month bank statement

10.Degree certificate with attestation

I think at present this is enough.........

By shibik• 5 years 4 months ago.


I have applied for family visa on 20.11.2012 with all concern documents. After a week the result was "Application postponed",i visited immigration on 27.11.2012 they told there is a missing of Education certificate.(submitted my Engineering degree certificate with all attestation before)any way submitted it again,Till today there is no change in status .Mean while ma wife's visit visa going to expire dec last .Am bit confused about the status.Pls advice me what step next i have to take? & let me know Any one got approval after resubmitting the missed documents ?


Read more:

By mongrel76• 5 years 4 months ago.

I just got my wife's RP. I wasn't asked for any stamp on the tenancy contract. Im not sure if it's because im a govt employee or something else but it was approved without this stamp requirement.

By Victory_278692• 5 years 6 months ago.

The offer makes you eligible to sponsor your son, but if school going then difficult to survive with this salary package.

Good luck

By sanjaykumareta• 5 years 6 months ago.


By anonymous• 5 years 8 months ago.

As per rule You need a tenancy contract in your name to apply for family visa.

But definitely you can try with your current contract , which is in your father's name.

By sahadka• 5 years 8 months ago.

I am also planning to apply for family visa.......I am staying with my parents in a flat....tenancy contract is in my father's it ok for MOI?

By alingotik• 5 years 8 months ago.

hi, I am have job offer with the following details:

Basic Salary - QR 8,100

Transportation Allowance - 1,200

Accommodation - free

I am a single mother and I plan to get my son to join in Qatar after 3-6 months.

Is the salary offer enough for me to get my son to Qatar?

Thank you.

By stealth• 5 years 9 months ago.

is your wife under your sponsorship?

By Tien Shan• 5 years 9 months ago.
Tien Shan

Hi everyone i will bring my son who is 1 year 10 month under my spomsorship .

so whats the requirments?

thank you,

By S Q Tabrez• 5 years 9 months ago.
S Q Tabrez

anybody doing agency services for family visa (RP) if somebody doing that please let me know...

please email me..

By anonymous• 5 years 9 months ago.


Authorization letter can be prepared from any typing center. ( there is a typing center near souq najma close to arabic school).

By sureshkumar84• 5 years 10 months ago.

If anyone can provide the editable format of this Authorisation letter from owner to attest the housing contract, I would be grateful. If not the content & the preferred language is good enough.

By Varun Kisanrao More• 5 years 10 months ago.
Varun Kisanrao More


Could anyone help me.

I tried to apply for Resident Visa for my wife. But Immigration Dept said me Baladiya Stamp is essential on Tenancy agreement.I am living in a Part Of Villa (1BHK in a Villa) in Matar Qadeem Area.It is taken on lease by a Real Estate Company, Surprise Rent A Car and Real Estate.When I went to Baladiya office in Al Saad, they told me to bring list of documents like

1.Copy of owner ID

2. Written Letter from the owner to give authorization to

who is going to complete registration.

3. Title of land and map shows the area of land.

And as the owner is a company,

4. A photocopy of commercial record,

5. A photocopy of Commercial permit

6. A photocopy of authorized signatory card.

My owner (MD of that real Estate Company) is not aware of any of these things.

Can anyone help me in this regard.My wife is already here on Visit Visa.

Is there any agent who can do this, if yes, kindly give the contact number.My number is 66480609.Thanks.

By anonymous• 5 years 10 months ago.

If company is providing accomodation then basic sal required is 7000QR or above.

By shijumalur• 5 years 10 months ago.

If company will provide accomodation ,then what is the minimum salary for family visa.

By Victory_278692• 5 years 10 months ago.

Be Patient, you are in Qatar

By chocolatecreamchip• 5 years 10 months ago.


what are the new requirements for applying family VISIT visa? thank you very much!

By Victory_278692• 5 years 10 months ago.

First lesson for expatriate to KEEP PATIENCE at least in the first year.

By user1010• 5 years 10 months ago.

Sir, also I only have 4 months bank statement as I came only in Qatar 6 months ago and opened an account on my 2nd month after getting the RP. Will this be accepted if I attached 2 months payslip and get a place on my own?

Thanks. Again this is only for Family Visit Visa.

By anonymous• 5 years 10 months ago.

"user1010" is asking whether those documents are required for Family VISIT VISA?

By d_h_dumlao• 5 years 10 months ago.

these two are important, w/o these they will reject your application. So its better to obtain these 2 documents first before submitting your application. dunno about re-applying, but its better for you to aim approval of your application rather than re-submitting it. Surely it will cut your budget, but what to do yanni? its either you take it or leave it.

By user1010• 5 years 10 months ago.

Sir, I had submitted requirements to our office for the family visit visa of my wife and daughter, but they got back to me requiring (1) 6 months bank statement and (2) tenancy contract under my name. I submitted a tenancy agreement for sharing accommodation only or renting one room.

Are this 2 documents really required for a family visit visa? Why is my company asking me this? If my application got rejected, is it difficult to re-apply? Renting my own place would be very costly. What do you suggest sir?

Thank you!

By anonymous• 5 years 11 months ago.

Its the Computer card that they are asking for... I went to Doha Municipality for attestation, they checked 'Sanathul Mulki' and said my Villa is in Abu hamour and it comes under Rayyan municipality so i need to go to Rayyan Municipality for attestation... but the guy checked all documents and said CR is not required.. instead of that Real Estate Company's Computer card is required.. and NOC from real estate company... Well i will attach CR also and go to Rayyan municipality for attestation.

My case is

1st party - Owner- Qatari

2nd party- Real estate company

3rd party - Me

By d_h_dumlao• 5 years 11 months ago.

sorry dhlk, i don't have any idea regarding real estate thing. I took a flat which is owned by a person. its a lot easier if the property is owned by a person, baladiya requires a lot of documents if owned by a real estate.

By DHLK• 5 years 11 months ago.

Hi Dumlao

I went to my real estate company and requested for the documents and they informed that they are not aware of the "Commercial Permit". Could you please help me on this to get an idea. They have given me the other 2 documents which is the Commercial record and authorized signatory card. Can baladiya track the commercial permit from these details?

Appreciate your support on this.


By msnmomo• 5 years 11 months ago.

welcome to ourburberry outletstore ,there are many fashion and hight quality burberry bags wait for you!

do you want to buyburberry bagsfor yourslf or your beat friends in sometimes?please come to our burberry outlet store.

our burberry outlet store offer many new styleburberry watchesfor not miss the fashion burbery Burberry T-shirts.

Inburberry sunglassesstores it really is typically some sort of most effective style which precisely the top notch and several middle-class are typically in a region to afford

Fouthy-six Putting on a newburberry watches for menand relish the summertime Does one prefers to invest in Burberry bags?

By hersheys_anne19• 5 years 11 months ago.

What are the requirements for family visit visa?? because I want to bring my sister here but for visit only. Thanks

By d_h_dumlao• 5 years 11 months ago.

baladiya stamp is not needed for visit visa

By Kamran Sajjad• 5 years 11 months ago.
Kamran Sajjad

I am also planning to apply for family visit visa. Just wanted to know the status of your application? Did it get approved or what?

I am living in a portion of villa. There is one common electricity and water number for the whole villa,i have a tenancy contract agreement. Just wanted to know that

1) Is the contact agreement also required for applying family visit visa?

2) If yes then in my case, can the agreement get stamped from baladiya because i heard that the municipility is not entertaining such accomodation contracts.

I would highly appreciate a quick response.


By d_h_dumlao• 5 years 11 months ago.

this is not required for visit visa, only residence visa. so if your planning to bring them as visit visa and afterwards to apply for residence visa, then be ready for it.

By geeni• 5 years 12 months ago.

Is this situation for the application of family visit visa?? because i have already applied for family visit visa and waiting for the result. Now it is 4th day. When i submit the application they asked me to check after 4 to 5 days and given checking receipt also. Kindly please reply

By d_h_dumlao• 5 years 12 months ago.

yes nieer

By anonymous• 5 years 12 months ago.

d_h_dumlao i have the same situation. were you able to get house contract with baladiya stamp? please help...

By devmantran• 6 years 1 week ago.

I have Dubai attestation. But I don’t have Qatar Consulate (India) attestation in my certificate. Is it necessary for Indian Embassy attestation (Qatar)?...For answers Visit below link..

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 4 weeks ago.

nice to hear that kabayan!

By denzon• 6 years 1 month ago.

d_h_dumlao, your postings here about the baladiya stamp are very helpful. I shared it to a Kabayan friend!

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

Hi Fazal, its 10k gross salary. Provided you have the profession they are accepting and your tenancy contract has baladiya stamp. Other requirements are very easy to acquire. There are a lot of hearsay here in QL. Before I was confused concerning the salary bracket. But after I checked the status of my family visa which shows "READY FOR PRINTING" I was relieved. Don't loose hope. Keep pursing your application.

By Fazal123el• 6 years 1 month ago.

hi all,

how much salary Required for applying Family visit visa what is the eligible salary , please kindly let me know

thank you


By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

kalid: in your situation, your the third party tenant, the first party is the bldg owner, the second is the company, and your the last. ask the company to provide you a copy of the following:

1. tenancy contract between 1st & 2nd party. (make 3 copies of this)

2. ID of 1st party

3. ID of 2nd & 3rd party

4. Authorization letter from 1st party that he is allowing 2nd party to sub-lease the property

5. Title of land

6. If the 1st party is also the 2nd party:

6.1 copy of commercial record

6.2 copy of commercial permit

6.3 copy of authorized signatory card

After you collected all these documents, go to City Municipality (C-Ring road corner Al Saad road; near HSBC bldg.) You will pay 1% of your annual rent. In 15 minutes you will get your Baladiya stamp.

By Kalid Rahman• 6 years 1 month ago.
Kalid Rahman


There is a new requirement from immigration. I have submitted for family residence visa. When I see the status of my family visa application on their web portal, it shows “Application is postponed”. I visited Immigration office, and I was told that the submitted “tenancy contract” required to be Attested by municipality. Can anyone advise me how to get attested the tenancy contract from Qatar Municipality? Please note that I am residing in a portion of a villa owned by a company. I am keeping my family here more than 4 months in visit visa. Currently I don’t know what to do as their visa will be expired by 23 April 2012.

I am waiting for your response and advise…



By venkycivil• 6 years 1 month ago.

Thank you sir for your positive words,But if i leave the country while application is in process will it affect the visa & can we apply visit visa when iam out of country.

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

to venkycivl: I have a friend who has same situation as you. He also applied a visa for their child. The officer did not asked for this agreement. Got his child's visa for a week. So don't worry, since your wife already has a RP it will all run smoothly.

By venkycivil• 6 years 1 month ago.

I have family visa for my wife & now im applying visa for my 3 months child.My PRO asking for 6 months salary statement & Rent attestation copy.When my wife already has a family visa is the rent aggrement required for getting visa for my child as it does prove that already i have family status.

By jobyas• 6 years 1 month ago.

I understood from the Baladiya that the fee for attestation is one percent of the annual rent. That means, QAR 120 for every QAR 1000 rent.

Can someone help me finding the form for autourisation letter from owner to attest the contract in Arabic?

By bhumikaparikh• 6 years 1 month ago.


i agree that stamp on tenancy agreement s required but can any1 tell me wat r the fees regarding it,i heard it is as high as 3000 riyal.plz share

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

yeah, just provide an agreement between the tenant and you as a sub-tenant. Then a letter from the owner stating that he is allowing his tenant to have a sub-tenant.

By denzon• 6 years 1 month ago.

d_h_dumlao, so you mean that a tenancy contract with baladiya stamp even not in your name will be allowed?

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

I went to a PRO this evening to check of what they can do with this "baladiya stamp" thing on my tenancy contract. He is asking me a thousand riyal for this. dahhh!!! now i have to look for an accommodation to solve this problem. But if there is somebody out their who is willing to lend me a copy of his tenancy contract with baladiya stamp and we'll make an agreement to show that I am sharing with them, this will also be allowed by MOI. I am willing to pay fairly. this will serve only as formality for my document to be approved. This was advised to me by our company PRO. Hope that there is somebody who could help.

By anonymous• 6 years 1 month ago.

If there will be no sharing accomodation,,,meaning all the monthly salary will be use to pay the house rent only :(.

otherwise, no need to be with family :(

so so sad news abt this "baladiya stamp"...

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

you can say that again...

By stealth• 6 years 1 month ago.

this will most probably bring an end the practice of sharing accomodation

By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 1 month ago.

i submitted my application w/o stamp on my tenancy contract. i thought there was no problem since the MOI accepted my papers. after 3 working days, "application posponed" was indicated when i checked the result online. i went to MOI this morning to check what was the problem. Officer told me i need to get my tenancy stamped by baladiya. shuhada!! then I looked around inside waiting area of MOI and asked them if they have same situation, most of them have problem with baladiya stamp. This baladiya stamp is becoming a phenomenon nowadays!!

By johnZ• 6 years 1 month ago.

Anybody has updates on this? My friend has the same situation. Is it a must the agreement has to be from the owner or a Real estate agent? What abou those who intend to live in shared accomodation or shared villa where an agreement may not be available?

By ka Felix• 6 years 2 months ago.
ka Felix

Last Feb 15, 2012 I was at the immigration for my wife's Residence Visa application, It was rejected due to the new requirement which is the tenancy contract attestation from the Municipality. I was surprised because the lady told me that It is a new rule...

I think we have to do this additional paper works...

By anonymous• 6 years 2 months ago.

Recently i am told that attested tenancy contract required for VISIT visas also ! Is it so ???

By nulive• 6 years 2 months ago.

Yes One of my freind faced the same issue last week.

Tenancy contract need to be attested.

By stealth• 6 years 2 months ago.

company should give an authorisation letter.

By ivygusi• 6 years 2 months ago.

What if you live in a house company accommodation?

By Imran456• 6 years 2 months ago.

Hi guys...

Any more updates....


By anonymous• 6 years 2 months ago.

Hi friends,

Of late, all tenancy contract has to be legalized by the municipality and that's the responsibility of the landlord. My house contract is so taken to baladia (landlord) and still pending with them. There is a fee also for attestation/regn. We then get a certified copy of the contract.

Probably this is mandatory for all tenancy contracts and hence immigration staff asking for certified contracts.

By Imran456• 6 years 2 months ago.

Thanks... I have searched for the check list in MOI website but I could not find any relevant information about the new rule... if any one have noticed please let all of us know...


By sajupaulv• 6 years 2 months ago.

yes it is compulsary.

By anonymous• 6 years 2 months ago.

Hi Friends,

I also faced the same problem,for attestaion of tenancy contract, go to BALDIYA (doha municipality )NEXT TO HSBC BANK IN ALSAAD,AND u should have the following documents,

1.Tenancy contract plus 3 copies

2.owner ID copy

3.UR ID copy

4.Autourisation letter from owner to attest the contract.

5.Title of land

6.Application form (it will be available in same location (baldiya)



By d_h_dumlao• 6 years 2 months ago.

hi QL friends! i had same situation like imran. i have completed all the necessary documents for family residence visa and i'm ready to submit it to immigration. i was surprised yesterday when i asked our PRO if my papers were complete. He also asked for stamp on my tenancy contract & electricity bill from the municipality.

Can anybody help me where to find the municipality of mansoura?

By anonymous• 6 years 2 months ago.

One of my friend told me the same thing. It's a new requirement.

By Master Mind• 6 years 2 months ago.
Master Mind



Log in or register to post comments