Procedure for Family Visa

By qtrnvn

Hi All,
I though it would be nice if i post my experiences for getting Family Visa for my wife.(Since most of the post in QL are not giving full information)

This is based on my experience. I am an Indian and the processes might change for other nationalities.

1) First of all to sponser your wife/children you should meet some requirements
a) Your salary should be more than QR 5000 per month
b) You are having permanent residency of qatar

2) Before you start the procedure make sure the following document are ready before hand
a) Your degree certificate stamped from Ministry of External Affairs (New Delhi),to get this stamp you must have stamp from your college/university first on your degree certificate.You can take help of agent for doing this process(Go to this site for more reference this take stamp from embassy of india doha ( and ministry of foreign affairs qatar (behind al seef hotel,behind sukh sagar hotel near corniche on museum road)
b) Marriage certificate stamped by Notary(If applicable,For Maharashta its required),Ministry of Foreign Affairs(If applicable,For Maharashtra its required,It is mantralaya office in Mumbai) and last Ministry of External Affairs(Please check with some agent you require which stamps before Ministry of External Affairs stamp). In my case only stamp from Mantralaya was not sufficient.After this take stamp from embassy of india doha ( and ministry of foreign affairs qatar (behind al seef hotel,behind sukh sagar hotel near corniche on museum road)

3) Six months of bank statement ( 3 months if you are govt employee of qatar) duly stamped by bank

4) Your Salary Certificate from your sponsor.
5) No objection certificate from your sponsor for family visa

Now there are two ways to proceed
a) One, if your family is already in qatar on 6 months extendible family visa
b) Second your family is in India

The faster way is option a. For this you have to pay QR 200 once and again QR 200 for each month extension.
You require one time medical test of your family for extending this visa.
Once your family is there on this visa you can convert this visa into permanent by paying QR 500 after the approval from Ministry of Labour.

For option b) , you take out permanent visa (valid for 3 months from the date of entry) and send to your family in India.This is single entry visa QR 500.

Procedure for the family pemananet visa is following

a) Go to Department of Labour ( Location is near to Ramada Hotel, next to American Hospital on C-ring road.Coming from toyota signal on C-ring it will come to your right) for approval of family visa.
b) Submit the following document
Family visa form filled in arabic,Copy of your civil id , Your passport copy and page showing your RP,Your wife's passport copy front and back pages,your child's passport copy if applicable),salary certificate from sponsor original,6 months bank statement,computer certificate from sponsor,copy of your degree copies front and back side,copy of marriage certificate front and back side.Two photos of your family ,blue background passport size.Wait for 4 working days for approval.
(The required documents are written on the family visa form itself)
c) After the approval from captain , go to immigration department ( Location near abu hamour roundabout, there is another in madinat khalifa) and convert your 6 months visa into permanent.They will issue new visa number.or you already have permanent visa go for medical test for your family ( Location : Near waqood petrol station in abu hamour).
d) Medical test takes about 2-4 days.You will get the sms on mobile phone which you gave to medical officer)
or you can check by phone :4679111.Keep 100 riyal note ready for the medical test fees.
e) After the medical your family need to appear for finger printing.You will need the application form filled duly in arabic and two photographs of family with blue background passport size.(Location is same immigration bldg near abu hamour roundabout)
f) After 2 days you can go to immigration department with passport of wife , your civil id, the officer will print the permanent visa on passport and will print the civil id card (bataka) as well. The fees is QR 500.

Note : Request for location pointers if you cant find location.I will send you the google map pointers of the location.

Fees and charges(as far i remember)
a) indian embassy stamp on degree and marriage certificate: QR 75 per document
b) ministry of foreign affairs doha. QR 120 for degree and marriage certificate.
c) Converting 6 months visit visa to permanent - QR 500
d) Medical test QR100 each person
e) Finger printing - No fees
f) Permanent visa on passport - QR 500

Ratings calculated automatically using technology developed at QCRI and MIT.

Click here to learn more.

By devmantran• 6 years 5 days ago.

I have Dubai attestation. But I don’t have Qatar Consulate (India) attestation in my certificate. Is it necessary for Indian Embassy attestation (Qatar)?...For answers Visit below link..

By junbinza• 6 years 9 months ago.

sir... how can i get the result of my family visa application in Ministry of Labour...? is there any site that i can check...?

By hari_prasad1983• 6 years 10 months ago.

For Medical result no need to wait for 2 to 4 can get same day and you can check the result on

I went medical and finger prints same day last Thursday. no need any photographs at Finger prints and Arabic letters. Also you need blood group test which you can do in any clinic..thanks..

By kitchu• 6 years 10 months ago.

Hallo all I don't have bank account and only pay slip from company and i have only diploma certificate its ok for getting the family visa and one more thing after six monts only i can bring my family here and also what is the procedure to bring my family though family visit please advise(for two months)

By anonymous• 6 years 11 months ago.

dearrrr.ery helpfull notes..thanks alot

By newcomer_in_doha• 6 years 11 months ago.

hi dennis, thanks for the info! but just want to ask, do they normally issue 5 yrs residence visa or is it a case to case basis? my husband has a 1 yr visa stamped on his passport, renewable every year, are we going to get 5 yrs visa or 1 yr? we just recently moved here in doha..

salamat po!

By anonymous• 7 years 4 months ago.

nice and helfull post post


By tabachoyme17• 7 years 10 months ago.

wow, is it really that fast to get a visit visa of your wife? How long have you been in qatar?

my husband is there in qatar and he just recently changed his status to married, still waiting to process. I still have my job here in the philippines and i dont know when to resign.

By abcd2000• 8 years 3 days ago.

Dear Members,

4 year old family visa RP (2 year + 2 yaer ) expired and need renewal. Onceagain i have to get approval from Labour Dept. I have old attested documents copies can i forward these documents with application.

What are chance to get RP visa approval for Family.

what are other documents to submit to get approval.

Please if anybody gone through in this process, please help me how & what are documents to by submitted.


By ranjidoha• 8 years 3 days ago.

In 2010 MARHABA guide its saying that " Holders of work residence permits can sponsor their family if they earn 4,500 Qrs. per month and authorities are planning to raise it to 7,000 Qr.

Is it possible to get family visa those who has more than 5,000 Qr.

By anonymous• 8 years 2 weeks ago.

Thanks very much. Appreciate a lot.

By mahbhest• 8 years 2 weeks ago.


Did you go to the Labor department by yourself. I think when its approve in Labor department immediately Immigration will approve it at once. Did immigration gave you the application number so you can check online.

Do you know if a working woman also is allowed to sponsor son? because I will apply in few days from now bit still worried if it will be approved.


By Chammika77• 8 years 2 weeks ago.







By mahbhest• 8 years 3 weeks ago.

HI denis. Can you ask your mandoob if its possible for a working woman to sposor her child here. My husband is in the Philippines and no plans of coming only my son. Please you can send me a private message if you don't mind. Thanks a lot

By anonymous• 8 years 1 month ago.

I just got the visa of my Wife and kid in just 4 days!!

I submitted the following:

Passport Copy (Me,Wife and kids)

Authenticated in Phil.Embassy and stamped @ MOFA

NOC ( Arabic)

Salary ( pay slip for 6 months) I don't have bank account!

Copy of my ID

I don't even have my Diploma with me..

then after 4 days,the 5 years residence visa came out.

Simple as Mandoob is great! he made all this thing possible.

By qtrnvn• 8 years 1 month ago.

to qatcool; sorry i dont know the details as i am not an agent...

please check with your company mandoob as to why the visa is rejected .. you may try to hook captain with some money.. may be it works.

i just wrote the procedure i went through , other cases i dont know honestly..

By qatcoo• 8 years 1 month ago.

QTR I already applied for my wife resident visa it got denied 2x, i have a schedule interview on april 21 with the Dept. of labor, my company applied for my wife visit visa, my question is if she is already here in Qatar through a visit visa and i have a pending application for resident visa what will be the next step?

Do not tell God how great is your problem.

Tell the problem how great is your God.

By mahbhest• 8 years 1 month ago.

Can a working woman do the above procedure also. But I'll be sponsoring my son only. Thanks

By mahbhest• 8 years 1 month ago.

Can a wrking woman do the same procedures as that. But I will only sponsor my son here, is it possible?

By irfanlatif• 8 years 1 month ago.

you nedd your salary above 8,000 thats time you can apply to family permit

By samix• 8 years 1 month ago.


* Are parents also covered under the family visa directly or through discretion of the Immigration officer ?



Abd Shuraib al-Adawi reported

The prophet of Allah said ...and he who believes in Allah and the Hereafter should say something good or keep quiet.

Sahi Muslim Book 18, Number 4286

By qtrnvn• 8 years 1 month ago.
Rating: 2/5

hi, the best is you ask your companu mandoob.

anyways u asked me so your wife dont have to leave country if her family visa got extended..

but please make sure its extended before expiring as the

late fees is quite high QR 500 per day..

By dom.dyno• 8 years 1 month ago.

Thanks for the post. Was just want to know my wifes family visa runs out on the 20/03/2010. She has just done her medical 16/03/2010 and going for finger prints tomorrow. If everything does not come through on time can she stay and we pay the fine and progress with the sponsorship or does she need to leave the country and come back in. Any help would be great. Thanks

By anonymous• 8 years 6 months ago.

needs atleast 7k salary

By swimmer• 8 years 6 months ago.

What if there is no embassy of your country in Qatar??? What happens then??? Where do you attest your documents after they have been ratified in your country???

By luthfe• 8 years 6 months ago.
Rating: 2/5

Greetings of the day!!!!!

We are specialised in certificate attestation from different departments and ministries in New Delhi, India.

As per new Qatari law any certificate that had been issued in any country apart from Qatar has to be attested in that particular country before being submitted to any Qatari government department.

For getting you’re certificates attested our offer is as follows,

Single certificate: Qr. 400

Delivery Time: 10 Working days

Payment terms: 50% advance & 50 % on delivery.

Collection & delivery of certificates also provided.

Contact details:

Sufiyan (6192881)

Off: 436 4555 / 444 0943

Asia Translation & Legal Services

Office # 62, Sofitel Computer Market

National Area, Mushareib

Office Hours: 8:00 AM-12:00 AM

4:00 PM- 8:00 PM

After office hours contact

Ahmed (6826155)

Rsi. 432 6385

Looking forward towards a successful business relationship!!!

Best Regards,


By qtrnvn• 8 years 8 months ago.

The minimum salary told to me by my agent was 5000 QR.

That may not be true , please double check with labour deptt.

I have given phone number links as well , u may confirm the same.

By qtrnvn• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 2/5

hi , buisness visa can be extended to 3 months after which one has to make an exit from country and come back, generally people make U turn from dubai /bahrain airport.

The fastest RP i have seen is 7 days with medical, finger printing etc

By jolena• 8 years 8 months ago.

Hi "sakharevinayak",

I am quoting "qtrnvn" original posting above, and then I am asking a question. I am not stating anything.

By yatishbapat• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 2/5

Thanks for sharing this info. I landed in qatar in 1st week of july and was on a business visa. My employer extended the business visa for another month and now runs out on 6th Sept. Fewdays back one of our companies immigration guy told me that he has secured my work visa and handed over to HR and wanted to know whether i had been through any medical etc. My company HR guy hasnt asked me to go for any medical or anything. I need to get my wife to qatar on visit visa but due to no RP need to wait. but i am nt been told how long. I would appreciate if you could let me know whether there could be any further extensions given to my business visa after 6th sept?. Hell of a lot of confusion... plz help

By eleven• 8 years 8 months ago.

yes,at least 7500,and could you tell me need how many months bank statement?

By sakharevinayak• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 4/5

Hello Jolena,

What u mean by salary should be more than QR 5000,but minimum is QR 7500.

It means your salary should be more tan QR 7500 only

By eleven• 8 years 8 months ago.

this is useful for me ,but i have two deals not too i heard the salary has to up to 7500,two:show 6 months band statement if not be a emplpyee of govement .who could give me a exactly answer.thans

By jolena• 8 years 8 months ago.

""a) Your salary should be more than QR 5000 per month""

I thought that the minimum salary requirement was 7,500 QR per month?

By sakharevinayak• 8 years 8 months ago.

Hello Dear,

Tahnks for breifing us,it is really helpful.

I posted one topic on Forum asking how much will shuld be your salary for getting family Visa?no one said it should be more than 5000,rather everyboday said it should be more than QR 7500.Which is true?

My Gross salary is as follows:-

Net salary deposited in Bank:- QR 5,375

Housing allowance(Deduction):- QR 2500

Transportation allowance:- QR 500

So my Gross salary on salary certificate is QR 8,375,but getting deposited in bank is QR 5,375.

Please guide me,if i am eligible to get family visa.


By qtrnvn• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 4/5

to roshan:

i think there wont be problem if u dont have elec/w bill

but 6 months bank statement is must in order to see that you can support your family..

mere salary certificate is not sufficient

If you dont have bank statement you can bring your family on 6 months visit visa.Please discuss with your company mandoob regarding your problem for more clarification

By roshanvinay• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 3/5

Much appreciate if you could clear my dilema..

I came to qatar just a mnth ago and my RP process shall complete by this Aug end. Now i want to get my spouse here in Jan 2010.

There are few things i would like to know:

1) Since i am staying at my Co. provided accomodation (2BHK flat) and E/W bill is paid by company. I wont be having bills.. Is there any alternative.

2) In my Co. the salary is thru cash transaction nt to bank. So i wont be having bank statement. Is only salary letter from Co. sufficient for this or any other option.

I can manage all other things abt certificates and Co. NOC.. I need to knw abt this.

By qtrnvn• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 4/5

No, for the family visa its not required to submit wifes qualification docs.

Xerox copies are required for 6 months family visa not for permanent residency of family visa.

Stamping on original certificates is absolute necessary you can even enquire from embassy of india.

I forgot to add ,also you will need rent agreement and water or electricity bills of last 3 months.

If you living in fully furnished flat a letter from your flat owner and help from your sposor should do

By shinein123• 8 years 8 months ago.

still one confusion remaining....somebody told me it is not nesseceary to stamp on original cerificates...they told just attest (from embassy )the xerox copies and we can submit it....(am i right??)Some people not attested anything and just given xerox copies and they got it!!!!!!!!!!!and moreover i heard that it is important to submit the qaualification certificates of wife along with it true???please clear me


By ikei• 8 years 8 months ago.

th'x and good luck

By anonymous• 8 years 8 months ago.
Rating: 2/5

Good covered every single detail...

By anonymous• 8 years 8 months ago.


Mods this should be sticky...

Log in or register to post comments