Private cars are the mains means of transport in Qatar. If not, taxis are the next best option. Distance and time of travel play an important part of the cost using a taxi. Typically early afternoons are the cheapest with rush hour being the most expensive.
Mowasalat is the green taxi operator-their taxis are referred to as "Karwa". The taxis are basically new air-conditioned cars. All are equipped with GPS navigation systems and the starting rate is about 4 QR.
There are also older orange taxis where the car models are older. They offer cheaper rates starting at 2 QR
There are about six bus routes running for the public bus service, which is very limited.
The public bus services are operated by Mowasalat- bus stops are situated along Doha’s main section and the rate is about 3 QR.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?