Banana Island: How many things can you fit on this small island?
What exactly is Banana Island? To put it in a simple way, you know when you eat that melting chocolate dome dessert, and the more you dig in, the more components, ingredients and flavors you discover? That is Banana Island.
In other words, Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara is a five-star luxury resort on a private island, about twenty minutes away from Doha. Reachable by a ferry or a private catamaran, this resort offers the perfect life-getaway with activities ranging from motorized water sports to serene spa treatments.
Fancy a sumptuous tropical room with authentic Arabian accents? Or maybe one overlooking the Arabian Gulf? What about a fancy schmancy beach pool villa? Or do you want to ‘go big or go home’ and opt for the over water pool villa? In any of these cases, Banana Island has you covered. Their accommodations provide you with top-of-the-line services and leave you fascinated with the level of comfort and relaxation a human being can possibly attain.
Banana Island’s accommodations:
- Rooms – 46 to 55 sqm | Sea views | Private balcony or terrace with lounging area | separate bathtub and rain shower | Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Suites – 76 to 85 sqm | Sea views | Private balcony or terrace with lounging area | Separate living area | Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Beach Pool Villas – 100 to 170 sqm | Private pool and cabana with sea views | Two or three ensuite bedrooms | Villa Host service | Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Over Water Pool Villas – 220 to 360 sqm | Indoor and outdoor living and dining | Three or five ensuite bedrooms | Villa Host service | Complimentary Wi-Fi
Now, I know that you wouldn’t want to leave the room at any cost, but do you remember that chocolate dome dessert? We’re only at the beginning.
Speaking of food, Banana Island offers its visitors a trip around the culinary world within the perimeters of an island. Whether it’s Italian delicacies that you’re craving, a retro-American-diner type of food, or Middle Eastern cuisine, Banana Island has it all. Its nine mouth-watering food options offer a variety of flavors, venues and experiences.
Banana Island’s food options:
- Azraq – Middle Eastern & International | Buffet and à la carte | Overlooking the Doha skyline
- Riva – Italian | Indoors and outdoors dining | Overlooking the Gulf
- Al Nahham – Arabian | Shisha | Perched at water’s edge | Views across the Arabian Gulf
- Q Lounge – International | Shisha | Poolside
- Ted’s – International | 1960s American Diner | Private dining area for events
- Zest – Café | Lush foliage interior and natural light
- Dining by Design – Private Dining | Custom food and location
- In-Room Dining – International
- Spice Spoons – Italian | Cooking class
The range of activities you can do on that island is endless. Their lagoon pool, spreading alongside the island’s beach, is a perfect option for you and your kids to enjoy. If you wake up and feel like it’s a kayak type of morning, then it is a kayak type of morning; the resort has both single and double kayaks available. Stand-up paddle boarding is also offered. If you’re more into action (and fish), you can go for scuba diving at their Diving Center, offering services for both beginners and professionals. Lastly, for the first time in the Middle East, Banana Island developed HamacLand, an innovative water lounge perfect for relaxation.
Not a fan of still water? Good thing the resort has wakeboarding and Banana Boating activities available for you. There also is a surf pool, where you and the kids can learn how to surf with the help of professional instructors.
Not a fan of water in general? You are on an island after all, but that’s alright. You can enjoy a match of beach volleyball or tennis, a game of bowling, a film at the resort’s VIP cinema, a race at Qatar’s only full-motion Formula 1 simulator, a round of golf or a gym session, all while leaving your children at the Kids’ and Teens’ clubs.
After a tiring day full of food and activities, you can enjoy some serene and alone time at Banana Island’s Anantara Spa, where Arabian rituals meet Thai and Western healing. Their spa facilities include single treatment suites, couple suites, a facial treatment, manicure and pedicure room, hammams, an ice well and much more.
Their signature spa treatments include:
- Anantara Signature Massage – 90 minutes | Shower | Floral Foot Ritual | Anantara Signature Massage | Refreshment
- Royal Moroccan Bath Ceremony – 120 minutes | Black Soap and Eucalyptus | Kesse Exfoliation – Ghassoul Body Wrap | Back Massage | Brightening Facial | Refreshment
- Biotec Super Anti-Aging Skin Therapy – 7 facials with visible and long-lasting results
You can also check out the Middle East’s only wellness center in a resort setting, Balance Wellness by Anantara. This center offers a range of programs that are personalized to your lifestyle and needs. The programs include their Balance Wellness program, their Relax and De-stress program, their Rejuvenate and Revitalize program and their Detox program.
Banana Island also caters to business trips. The resort provides meeting rooms overlooking the ocean, top-of-the-range audiovisual equipment, activities for corporate clients such as golf or sunset cruises, and event venues tailored to your wishes.
This resort is bananas (pun intended indeed), right? Let us know what you think of it in the comments, and feel free to share your experience with us.
For more information, visit the resort’s website.